Monday, April 8, 2013

Asparagus and Couscous salad

I based this off a recipe I found in the Bob's Red Mill Cookbook.  I borrowed it from the library, but I highly recommend it.  It is loaded with healthy recipes, using fun different grains, for all different occasions.  The recipes all seemed doable, though, and not daunting with a giant list of foods I've never heard of. 


1# fresh asparagus, ends snapped off and broken into smaller pieces
1 cup dried couscous (I had Bob's Red Mill tricolor pearl couscous)
Feta cheese

Dressing:
2 Tbl white wine vinegar
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup snipped chives
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Boil water, and cook asparagus 2-4 minutes, or until crisp-tender.  Drain the asparagus and then plunge into ice water.

Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to directions.

Also, whisk together the dressing ingredients.

Toss couscous, asparagus, some feta and the dressing together in a large bowl and serve.  
We ate this warm the first day, and cold the second.

No comments: