Here is the basic cheddar recipe (which we enjoyed with hot sauce on top):
2 tsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 1/2 cups dry quinoa
2 cloves minced garlic
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar, plus a little more for the top
- In a skillet heat olive oil, and then saute onions until soft.
- Stir in quinoa and garlic and cook 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, and season with salt and seasoning salt. Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 15 minutes, (or length according to your quinoa directions.)
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a large bowl. Stir in quinoa and cheese. Pour into a greased 9x13.
- Bake at 350 until it starts browning around the edges, 30-45 minutes.