Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ranch Chicken Enchiladas

(I forgot to take a picture until after we had eaten half of the dish, but I guess that proves it was a winner.)

Stir together:
3 or 4 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
Several healthy sccops of sour cream, maybe a cup?
Powdered ranch seasoning, to taste. We have Uncle Dan's Classic Ranch seasoning from Costco, but I'm sure Hidden Valley or any packet would work

Place a big scoop inside a tortilla and roll up and place in 9x13 casserole. I ended up with 10 this time. I put 8 in the dish and froze two for later.

Cover with cheddar.

Mix up a bit more sour cream and ranch, and thin it down with milk and drizzle on top.


Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or so, until it turns golden on top.

The leftovers were better than the original night, so I think this would work well to make ahead of time or to double and freeze half for later.

Catch your kid licking out the ranch container:
Not only did Abigail enjoy the finished product, but she kept trying to sell her creation to Zachary during dinner. "But you will like it, Zachary! You like all of the ingredients! It is just like quesadillas with ranch. Try it!!!" (He didn't)

No comments: