Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cheeseburger Chowder

I made this last night with some ground beef I had precooked and in the freezer. Then last night on the news I saw that it was recalled from Winco for possible E-coli contamination. Nice. At least the kids didn't want any soup. Besides the possible food poisoining threat, the soup was delicious and fast to throw together.


1/2 pound ground beef (without E-coli preferred)
1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
1 3/4 cups milk
1 cup frozzed hash brown potatoes (I used the little chunky ones)
1 4oz can chopped green chilis
1 Tbl taco seasoning
1 Tbl dried minced onion
1/2 tsp chili powder
(I didn't use, but a can of corn would make a good addition, too.)
In a pot cook beef until no longer pink and drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for at least 5 minutes. Garnish with crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheese, and green onions. Makes 2 hearty bowls.

No comments: