Saturday, October 16, 2010

Tropical Fruit Pizza

My cousin Teresa has a delicious fruit pizza recipe that I usually make with berries and kiwi. Yesterday I didn't have any luck finding good looking fresh fruit, though, so I changed the recipe a little to use tropical flavors.

Toppings:
1 20 oz can pineapple-drain and reserve juice
1 can mandarin oranges

Crust

Mix:
1 cube butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg

Add:
1 1/3 cup flour
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp soda

Pat into greased pizza pan. (Or I used a cookie sheet since I wanted to try it on stoneware.)
Bake 350 for 12-14 minutes, or until golden.
Let cool.

Filling
Mix and then spread on pastry:
8oz cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbl pineapple juice

Arrange fruit on top.

Glaze
Combine and boil 1 minute, then drizzle over pizza.
3/4 pineapple juice
1 Tbl Cornstarch

Sprinkle coconut over the top.

Store in the fridge.

No comments: