- 4 ears Corn
- 4 slices Bacon
- 2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Chives Or Green Onions
- 2 Tablespoons Good Quality Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon White Wine Vinegar, Or More To Taste
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Or Really Good Quality Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 1 bunch Arugula or one container cherry tomatoes
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
Preparation InstructionsPreheat oven to 350
I roast the corn in the shucks on a baking sheet for about 20 minutes.
While corn is roasting, cook bacon until crispy. Drain on paper towels and roughly chop.
Remove husks and silks and cut kernels off the ears. I cut the kernels off directly into the bowl I will be serving the salad in.
Add the bacon and chopped green onion or chives (I prefer chives, but I usually don’t have them in my fridge. I think the green onions work just fine) to the corn kernels.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and vinegar. Add in the cumin or paprika if using. Pour over salad. Adjust to taste.
Roughly chop the arugula or slice tomatoes and add at the last minute. Salt and pepper to taste. Toss and serve.