Super Fantastic Cinnamon Rolls, recipe 203785 from RecipeZaar.
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 4 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Place all ingredients in bread machine in order recommended by manufacturer. Select DOUGH cycle press Start.
- In separate bowl combine cinnamon and sugar.
- After dough has finished, turn it out onto lightly floured surface and roll into a 16x24 rectangle. Spread dough with butter and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Roll up dough (start on the long side) and cut into 12 rolls. (Sometimes I make 18 rolls, and put into two 9x9 pans, and freeze one after cutting.) Place rolls in lightly greased 9x13 pan. Cover and let rise until almost doubled (about 30 min). Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake rolls for 14-16 minutes. While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, confectioners sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Spread frosting on warm rolls.
I used half whole wheat dough, to make them a bit healthier. I know, I know.... But that is why they look a bit darker than regular dough.