Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Don't get too excited, these aren't state fair quality elephant ears. They are more like tasty cinnamon biscuits. But they are from the Alpha-Bakery cookbook, and they needed something for "E." It was a very hands on project for the kids, to say the least.
1/4 cup of margarine or butter - melted
1 cup flour
2 tbl sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup milk
3 tbl sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Heat the oven to 425.
2. Grease a cookie sheet.
3. Stir flour, 2 tbl sugar, baking powder and salt together. Add milk and 3 tbl of the melted butter.
4. Knead dough 10 times on a lightly floured surface.
5. Pat out dough into a 9x5 rectangle.
6. Brush remaining butter onto dough with a pastry brush.
7. Sprinkle with mixture of 3 tbl sugar and the cinnamon.
8. Roll up tightly, starting with narrow end. Pinch edge of dough to seal.
9. Cut into 4 equal pieces with a sharp knife and place on the cookie sheet.
10. Pat into 6 inch circles, and sprinkle with more sugar.
11. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet and let cool on a wire rack.