The directions are from the pectin box, so it isn't exactly a secret recipe. But it is very simple and yummy!
- Wash and stem strawberries. Mash up enough for 2 cups of fruit. I used the food processor and made it rather smooth, lest my kids realize that there is fruit in jam.
- Measure exactly 4 cups of sugar into a large bowl. Add strawberries and mix well. Let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir pectin (I had liquid, but I'm sure the powder has a similar recipe) and 2 tbl lemon juice together in another bowl.
- Stir pectin mixture into fruit mixture. Stir constantly until sugar is completely dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Pour into freezable containers.
- Let stand at room temperature 24 hours, or until set.
- Refrigerate up to 3 weeks, or freeze up to 1 year.
- Yields 4 cups. (Picture is 2 batches.)