This recipe originated from a Pillsbury cookbook, and I tweaked it a little.
1# ground beef or turkey
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1/2 onion, chopped
1 tbl brown sugar
1 can crescent rolls (or the new "recipe creations" sheet of dough)
1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Brown the meat and the onion together. Add the BBQ sauce and brown sugar and heat through.
- Meanwhile, spray 10 standard sized muffin cups and preheat the oven to 400.
- Roll out the dough and then cut out squares that are about 3 inches big. Place one in each muffin cup, pressing firmly into the bottom and sides. It may come over the top a little, but not much. (I ended up only having enough to make 9.)
- Put a few spoonfuls of meat into each one, topped with cheese. I made three just cheesey ones for the kids.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, or until edges of the rolls are golden. Cool one minute before removing from the pan.
I made iced tea last night, too. I knew Zachary liked it, but I guess I didn't realize quite how much until I caught him like this: