Sunday, May 2, 2010

Meat Loaf Pie


I'm still making my way through a library Taste of Home cookbook, and tried this last week. I really enjoyed it more than any other meatloaf recipe I've ever tried, (although I haven't tried out the Billy Joel Meatloaf, yet.) It had good Italian flavoring, and because it was in a pie shape it cooked quickly.

5 oz evap milk
1/2 cup Italian flavored dry bread crumbs
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 pound lean ground beef
1/3 cup ketchup
1 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 Tbl grated parmesan cheese

In a large bowl combine the milk, bread crumbs and garlic salt. Add beef and mix well. Press onto the bottom and 1" up the sides (I couldn't get it to go up very far) or a greased 9" pie pan.

Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 20 minutes. Drain any grease.

Spread with ketchup. Sprinkle with cheddar, oregano and parmesan.

Bake 3-5 minutes longer, or until cheese is melty.

No comments: