Monday, January 14, 2013

Cheesy Ranch Tater Tots

1 Bag frozen tater tots (I got a king size bag and used around 1/2)

Sour Cream Ranch Sauce
1 cup light sour cream
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1/4 cup milk

Toppings
1 cup (or as much as you like) shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (didn't use this time as I didn't have any)
1/2 cup real bacon bits.  Or more.  Lots more.  I cooked up 3/4 pound....
1/4 cup green onions
Salt and pepper to taste (I didn't think it needed it).

1.  Cook frozen tater tots according to package directions.  (I actually cooked up the amount I used on 2 trays, to maximize crispiness.  What you see on the tray above is after it was all assembled.)
2. Spread 3/4 of the Sour Cream Ranch Sauce onto an oven safe serving platter.  I used a baking sheet.
3. Arrange tots on top of the sauce.
4. Drizzle remaining sauce on the top, and sprinkle on the toppings.
5. Place under broiler for a few seconds to melt the cheese.

Serve immediately.

Like making twice baked potatoes, but different.  About 30 minutes prep time.

No comments: