Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Muffins

This recipe is from the blog The Frugal Girl, which I love, love love.  It may be my favorite blog from someone I don't personally know.  I was reading a blog entry she wrote about how she needed to use up an extra sweet potato, and I thought "Hey, I do, too!"  They taste very similar to pumpkin bread.  I made half with chocolate chips and half without.  The chocolate batch disappeared first, but all the kids liked the regular batch, as well.

Photo from The Frugal Girl

4 eggs
2 cups sugar
16 oz. mashed sweet potato (without butter, salt, or milk)
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup oil
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 package chocolate chips

In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, milk, and oil until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients together. Add dry ingredients to liquid ingredients, and stir just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 16-20 minutes at 350 degrees.  Makes 36.

(I actually made these into two loafs, baked at 350 until they looked done.  :)

No comments: