Monday, January 4, 2010

Tropical/BBQ Pork sandwich mix

This is a "dump and create" mix that I concocted one day. Sometimes those work, and sometimes they don't! This time, it really, really, really worked well, if I do say so myself!
Unfortunately, there are no exact measurements yet and probably won't ever be...:)

In the morning Put 4 pork chops (I use boneless) in your crock-pot. I dump them in frozen.
Then put in:
a "squirt" of mustard
a "big squirt" of ketchup
a "large handful" of brown sugar
the juice from 1 large or 2 small cans of pears or peaches (serve the fruit later with dinner!)

cook on low all day. When the meat is tender and done, take it out and shred or chop into tiny pieces.
Then thicken the "juice" from the crock-pot on your stove with corn starch in water. Make it pretty thick. Dump back in the pork, and you have a beautifully yummy tropical/bbq pork sandwich mix to serve on hamburger buns!

No comments: