Friday, March 26, 2010

Easy Cheesy Salsa Potatoes


How can you go wrong with a recipe with both easy and cheesy in the title?

2 cups shredded cheddar
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can cream of whatever (original recipe called for condensed cheddar, but I used cream of chicken, and still tasted great)
1/2 tsp pepper
1 bag (24 oz) frozen hash browns, thawed
1 cup plain bread crumbs (I used cracker crumbs instead)
1/4 cup melted butter

Heat oven to 350 and grease a 9x13. (Picture shows a half recipe, smaller casserole dish)

Mix cheese, salsa, onion, sour cream, soup and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in potatoes and spread into dish.

In small bowl mix the crumbs and butter. Sprinkle over potatoes.

Bake 45-60 minutes, or until cheese is melted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Suzi!
It was the most amazing good karma tonight. I had some salsa and sour cream near their pull dates! Whooo, hoooo! I didn't have hash browns, but I did have some mushy potatoes that needed using up! Whoo, hooo again. I added corn to the recipe because I am a freak when it comes to corn. It was fabulous! Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe.
Denise