Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Easy Mexican Chicken Soup

I've thrown this soup together a few times now, and it's quite tasty... and VERY easy. It takes about 10-15 minutes, and most of that is cutting up the chicken. Very versatile.

Ingredients:
Chicken (I use Costco roasted) cubed/shredded- use as much or as little as you want
Chicken stock- usually I use three cans, which I think is the same as one big box
Cilantro- handful coarsely chopped
Jalapeno- chopped. I use the whole thing, but I like it spicy!
Salsa- about a half cup (more or less for spiciness)
Tabasco- if you want it, a few dashes
Salt- to taste
Corn- optional, but it adds a nice sweetness.
Onion, chopped- I've used it, this time I didn't have one handy.

Since everything is already cooked, just throw everything into a pot. When I used the onion, I did saute it for a few minutes before adding the broth. Simmer for about 5-10 minutes. DONE!
I like to garnish with cheese and sour cream. Avocado if I have it. I like it really spicy... that's what the sour cream is for!

So, I suppose this isn't as much of an exact recipe, but an idea to grow from. It's yummy. Enjoy

No comments: