Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cheesy Biscuit Skillet Dinner

This recipe came from my Aunt Donna once upon a time. It can be made all in one skillet, if you have an oven proof one. Otherwise it is easy to transfer into a casserole dish before it goes into the oven.

10 oz can of refrigerator biscuits. (I had Grands on hand, but I think the thinner (and cheaper) ones actually work better.)
3 oz cream cheese
1/2 grated cheddar
3 tbl onion soup mix (divided)
1 pound ground beef or turkey
1 can cream of whatever (recipe called for mushroom, I go for chicken)
1 cup grated swiss or cheddar
2 eggs, beaten

Combine cream cheese, cheddar and onion soup mix. Roll each biscuit into a 4" circle. (I just mash them with my hands.) Spoon about 1 tbl of the cheesy mix into each biscuit. Fold the dough in half to cover the filling, and then seal the edges with a fork.


In a skillet, brown the ground beef with 2 tbl of onion soup mix. Drain any grease. Add soup, cheese and eggs. Heat until bubbly.


If you have an ovenproof skillet arrange the biscuits on top. If not, pour the mixture into a casserole and then arrange the biscuits.

Bake at 375 degrees for 22-28 minutes, or until the biscuits look done.

The kids will at least eat the biscuits, and Seth especially likes the meat mixture. Nathanael and I like all of it. :)

No comments: