Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Crockpot Potato Soup

I told you I liked potato soup!

2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
2 cans cream of chicken soup (I think cream of celery would be an even better fit)
1 can chicken broth
1 cup chopped green onions
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar
1 cup sour cream
1 cup milk
black pepper to taste

Combine potatoes, soup, broth, green onions, garlic powder and chili powder in crock pot. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8. (Mine seemed done closer to 6, though.)

Add cheese, sour cream and milk and stir until cheese is melted. Cover and cook on high for 10 minutes. Season with black pepper.

I served it with some bread I made with the Dairyland Rolls recipe, only I turned it into a loaf, which worked well, too.

No comments: