Saturday, February 21, 2009

WARM PEPPER AND ARTICHOKE SPREAD

1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1/2 c. light mayonnaise (or go all out and DON'T use light :) )
1 clove garlic, minced
14 oz. can artichoke hearts
1/3 c. roasted red pepper
(I've also added spinach to this or used spinach in place of the artichoke hearts)

Stir Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, and garlic til smooth. Add artichoke hearts and red pepper (drained). Spread in 8 x 8 dish or pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Serve with crackers or baguette bread. I've even added leftover chicken to this and we've eaten it as a weekend meal. It's one of Pete's......"if I was on death row and was getting my last meal, what would I want" meals. Just for future reference.....my kids won't touch this with a ten foot pole.

No comments: