Monday, February 2, 2009

Tater Tot Casserole or TTC

TTC is a staple around here. I've been making it since junior high. I remember getting the recipe from Denise Josi's mom back in my 4-H days. It varies depending on the ingredients on hand, but usually goes something like this:

Brown 1# of either ground turkey or beef with some onion soup mix sprinkled in for flavor. Drain and put into the bottom of a casserole dish. Stir in 1 can of cream of whatever. I usually use chicken, but sometimes celery. Never ever mushroom, as it doesn't exist in my house. Add a layer of tater tots. If I'm thinking ahead I let them thaw a bit first. Add another can of cream of whatever and spread over the top. Sprinkle with "Pure Magic" aka Johnny's Seasoning Salt. Cover with cheese. (Tillamook, of course.) Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or so, longer if the tots were still frozen.

This also freezes really well, so I usually make two and freeze one for later.

No comments: