Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Inside-Out Brussels Sprouts

(Sorry for poor picture quality, they are from my phone, as I forgot my camera in Portland.)


This recipe was in a Taste of Home pamphlet I found. It is basically a giant meatball with a Brussels sprout inside. Below is the recipe as written. When I made it I cut it in half, used quick cook brown rice, and fresh sprouts instead of frozen ones.

2 pounds ground beef
1 1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp pepper

1 10oz package frozen Brussels sprouts

2 15oz cans tomato sauce
1 cup water
1 tsp dried thyme

Combine first 6 ingredients. Shape around each sprout to form a meatball. Place in an ungreased casserole dish. Stir together sauce, water and thyme and pour over meatballs. Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hr 15 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.

No comments: