Sunday, January 9, 2011

West African Peanut Chicken



Well, it wasn't a hit with the kids, but Anton and I loved it. In fact, it's definitely one of my new favorites. I think I accidentally skimped on the peanut butter though and will make sure to add enough next time.
Ingredients:
1/4 cup cooking oil (they recommend peanut but I used sesame)
1 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 med size sweet onion ,minced
2 cloves minced garlic
1 cup tomato sauce mixed with 1/2 cup water
1 cup water
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 t pepper
1 T salt
1 yellow pepper, diced
1 lg tomato, diced
Fry chicken in oil in large pan, remove and set aside.
In same pan, cook onions and garlic until soft. Add 1 cup water, bring to boil then simmer 2 min. Add chicken and peanut butter. Stir until smooth. Add all other ingredients and simmer 10-15 min. Service over rice or couscous.

No comments: