AKA Christmas Crack, perhaps because it contains crackers, or because you crack them into pieces, but I think because it is highly addictive. It is the candy pictured on the left.
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Line a cookie sheet with foil. Cover with saltine crackers in one layer.
- Boil butter and brown sugar together for 3 minutes.
- Pour over crackers.
- Bake at 375 for 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and then sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- When they start getting melted, spread with spatula.
- Place in freezer to cool, and then crack into cookie sized pieces.