Monday, December 7, 2009

Twice-baked Potatoes w/ chili

I had left over potatoes from Thanksgiving that needed to be used. And I felt like having chili for dinner. Note that many of the potatotes I had were small - I think that actually made it better, but I do like skins!

Clean potatotes. Bake at 425 for 45-60 minutes (until soft).
Remove from oven. Cut lengthwise, while trying not to burn your fingers.
Scoop out most of the innards, leaving about 1/4 inch thickness. Try not to burn your fingers.

Place the skins in a non-stick sprayed casserole dish.

Mash the innards until nice and smooth. I used a hand-masher. Recipe book also recommended using a blender. (Too many dishes for my liking).

I added 1/2 cup of sour cream that needed to be used before it needed to be tossed.

Add 1 can of chili to the potatoes and stir.

Spoon mixture back into the potato skins.

Bake at 4:25 for about 20 minutes.

After removing, sprinkle with cheese (of course!).

No comments: