Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Slow Cooker Beef Stew

First of all, I hate beef stew. But I've been so busy with school and work and everything else, that I decided to toss this together as a little treat for Anton (who LOVES anything hearty with meat). It's very easy and according to Anton, very tasty.
The night before, I chop 1 cup each of carrots, celery, peas, and onions. I put it in a tupperware in the fridge overnight.
I also buy pre-cut beef stew meat and defrost it the night before.

In the morning, put all the veggies plus the meat in the slow cooker and stir in one can of beef gravy. You could also make the gravy yourself or make up one of the slow-cooker powder packets.

Cook it on the LOW setting all day or the HIGH setting for half the day.

Serve over/with potatoes or rice.
On another note, I am always looking for good slow cooker recipes, so if anyone has any good ones to share that would be great!

No comments: