Saturday, February 26, 2011

Lemon Tea Cake

This had a nice light lemon flavor, and a really light texture.  It would be perfect for a tea party.  Nathanael and I enjoyed it, but the kids weren't fans.  I think if I had called it lemon bread they would have wolfed it down, but the word "cake" threw them off.

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp grated lemon zest (I got enough from one whole lemon)
1 tsp salt
4 large eggs, seperated
1 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup lemon juice (took me two lemons)

Preheat oven to 375 and grease a bundt pan.

In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, zest and salt.

In the stand mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff.  Beat in the yolks, butter and lemon juice.  Add the dry ingredients and blend just until moistened.

Pour into bundt pan and bake 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.  Invert onto a cooling rack.  Dust with powdered sugar.  Add extra where it broke coming out of the pan.  :)

No comments: