Saturday, October 1, 2011

My first slow cooker dessert: peanut butter brownies

I have finally found the answer to all of life's problems: dessert in the slow cooker! For years I meticulously planned meals when friends came over, but never got far enough in the planning to actually make a dessert. Usually after dinner I'd send "Anton and the guys" up to Safeway to pick up something for dessert! But then it occured to me to put something in the crock pot before I even make dinner and by dessert time it's ready to go. Why didn't I think of this years ago? :)



The Ingredients:
--5 T butter
--1/2 cup granulated sugar
--2 eggs
--1 t vanilla
--1/2 cup flour
--1 cup natural peanut butter
--1/4 t baking powder
--1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
--1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. Press into bottom of the crock pot and cook on HIGH for approx 2.5 hours, using a chop stick to prop open the lid. Brownies are done when edges start to darken. Keep in mind these will not be the same as brownies baked in an oven, but they were still really good. Serve warm with ice cream!

No comments: