Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Baked Cod

I "know" Suzi will like this one. Feeds 3 adults.

Ingredients:
1 pound cod (fresh/frozen) from the fish section of the grocery store.
Bread crumbs (this time around I used Progresso Parmesean Crumbs) - about 1 cup.
1 egg.

Heat oven to 400 degrees.

Cut cod into fairly even size pieces. Mine ended up being about 2 inches by 3 inches, but it would vary based on the type of cut you get with the fish.

Line cookie sheet with foil. Lightly spray with "Pam".

Beat the egg in a bowl. Put bread crumbs in another bowl.
Dip each fish piece in the egg to coat it.
Roll fish piece in bread crumbs.
Put on cookie sheet.

Bake for 15 minutes, or until the fish is flakey.

Yummy, and good for you.

And since I don't like tartar sauce, I made my own sauce. Dijon mustard, small amount of mayo, and milk, whisked together.

Had rice and salad as side dishes to round out the meal.

2 comments:

marla said...

that sounds tasty!

Suzanne said...

Thanks for your first contribution, Jill! And also for the chuckle. I saw your post in google reader and actually said out loud "Baked Cod? Yuck." And then opened up your post to see you called me on it! I'm sure other people will appreciate the subject of your post more that me. :)