For the crust:
1 1/4 cups flour
1/3 cups packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
For the filling:
6 T unsalted butter
1/3 c pure maple syrup
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup heavy cream
2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9x9 pan with foil, then butter the foil. (I'm sure you could omit the foil step, but it made it really easy to remove from pan and cut)
- mix together dry ingredients. Use a pastry cutter to cut in butter until you have coarse, pea size crumbs.
- Press crumb mixture into bottom of pan.
- Bake for 12-17 minutes, until top feels firm when lightly touched.
- set aside
- in saucepan, over medium heat, combine butter, syrup, brown sugar.
- Stir, bring to boil. Boil for ONE minute
- remove from heat, and immediately stir in cream
- Then stir in pecans
- Pour into 9x9
Back until the filling is set when you give a gentle shake, about 22-25 minutes.
Set on cooling rack for 1.5 hours.
When you take it out, it will still be bubbling hot. don't' touch it! (it hurts)
Now you can lift up the foil, nicely remove the yummy and cut into squares.