We always get bananas at Costco because they are such a good deal. The only problem is that they are usually pretty green, and then seem to turn quickly, so that we have a 2 or 3 day window to eat a dozen bananas. We usually come pretty close, but luckily the kids all love banana bread! I found this recipe the other day for Banana Bread Pie and decided to give it a whirl. It is baking in the oven now, and sure does smell good!
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup bisquick
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 Tbl butter or marg., melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray a 9 inch pie pan
- Place the bananas in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on low for about a minute, or until they are smooth.
- Stop the machine and add the bisquick, eggs, milk, butter and vanilla.
- Beat on low until well blended, 1 - 1 1/2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the pie pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until well caramelized on the top and firm around the edge, but still a little soft in the middle.
- Wait at least 30 minutes before slicing. Store at room temp for up to a day, otherwise put into the fridge.