Thursday, January 8, 2009

Simple Veggie Quesedilla

I think this is a "grown up" version of the cheese quesedilla from childhood. It's quick, easy and one of Lucas' favorites! It's not a "real" recipe, rather, an idea for a simple quick dinner. Last night I made this variety:

saute up some spinach, let cool a bit and then squeeze the liquid out of it
saute onion and red pepper until soft
(also really tasty with a roasted red pepper. For that place the red pepper on foil on a cookie sheet. Place into 425 degree oven, rotate pepper every 10 minutes or so, until edges are blackened. Place pepper into bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let cool. Now you can peel off the skin easily, de-seed the peppers. You are left with a yummy roasted pepper.)

I used flour tortillas, sprinkled some cheese and then added my veggies. Broiled on each side until slightly browned.
Garnish with sour cream and salsa. QUICK, EASY, YUMMY.

Also good with chicken.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

This sounds good even though it has veggies in it! ;) I also am happy to just know how to make my own roasted red peppers. They are SO expensive in the store!

javajill said...

I can attest to the yumminess.