Thursday, January 8, 2009

Chicken, Veggie, Pasta toss together

I cook up some version of this about once a month. It's quite flexible and easy, so pick your own ingredients! This is the way I made it tonight. Well, actually, this is the way I think I should have been made . . . some adjustments were necessary.

Ingredients:
16 oz of bow tie pasta.
Yellow & Orange bell pepper
Onion
Zucchini
Marinade (tonight I used Lawrey's Italian Garlic)
2 cans (15 oz?) diced tomatoes
2+ chicken breasts
Olive oil
"Fresh" Parmesan cheese

Dice the onion. Put a little olive oil in a big skillet, and saute the onions a good long time.

Cut the bell peppers and zucchini into bite size pieces. Put in a bowl. Pour some of the marinade over them, so they are reasonably coated. Add to the skillet (with the now well sauteed onions). Saute until no longer crunchy.

Return veggies to bowl when done sauteing.

Slice up the chicken breasts into fat strips. Put into the skillet. Cover with marinade. Thoroughly cook. Remove from skillet and 'shred' the chicken. (I find you get more bites with chicken in them this way.) Save the extra juices that are in the skillet.

Drain cans of tomatoes.

Add veggies, chicken, and tomatoes all together in the skillet and heat on low.

Cook up the pasta (I'm assuming in a big pot here). This could have been done earlier, but I only have one big burner . . .

Drain pasta. Return to big pot. Assuming the veggie mix is now hot, add to pasta. Stir to mix.

Serve up! Garnish with parm. cheese.

Easily serves 4 adults. Possibly more.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

As I sit here drinking my 4th Slim Fast of the day...oh my,your pasta dish sounds SO delicious!