Fire & Ice Brunch Bake
1 cup uncooked rice
12 oz ground sausage
3/4 c salsa
1/2 c sour cream
1 1/2 c cheddar cheese - shredded
salt and pepper
- Cook the rice.
- Crumble and cook the sausage.
- In a big bowl stir together cooked rice and sausage. Add salsa and sour cream. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese.
- Spread mixture into greased 9x13.
- Using a 1/4 cup metal measuring cup make 6 indentations into the rice mixture
- Break one egg into each indentation.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake an additional 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melty and eggs are set.